Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Praying for Patience

Praying for patience is a scary thought.  I have discovered that each year God places a child in my path that gets on my last nerve.  I use to pray for patience, but I have decided that only makes things worse.  So now I pray for God to show me one thing a day to love about that child.  Collin is a little boy that is my room.  He is larger than the other children.  He lacks the ability to whisper, to control his hands, or to stop and think before talking.  But he makes up for it in having a big heart.  As I started praying for Collin, I noticed my attitude changing.  Now I see that Collin exhibits some symptoms of autism.  His social cues are limited.  He is bright and a great learner.  While I don’t think God changed Collin, He did change my attitude toward Collin.  I look forward to his stories.  I enjoy his random hugs.  And most of all Collin is happier in my room.

Now I am praying for two little girls.  Both are bossy and mean to others, so I am asking for God’s guidance on how to deal with them.  But I am not praying for patience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment