Friday, January 7, 2011

Hair From The Eyes of a Six Year Old

I teach 6 year olds, which translates into "I have recess duty no matter how windy it is."  Earlier in the week, I was tired of trying to deal with my hair at recess.  It was terrible after 30 minutes of Oklahoma wind.  I looked like someone had placed my head in a blender and turned it on high.  So I called my beautician and begged for an appointment.  She did her magic and before she sent me home she had transformed my hair into a long bob with smooth sides.  I have wore my hair curly for the last ten years.  So this was a change for me.  She cut off a good three inches and totally changed the way I did my hair.  On the way home, I stopped at the store to purchase a new straight iron.  I had never owned one, but the new style called for it.  The first morning after the haircut, I got up early.  I washed and blow dried my hair with a large brush just the way the beautician did.  I carefully used the new iron on it.  After 75 minutes of stressing, combing, crying, and cussing; headed to work.  Once there I was met by 15 little 6 year olds who filed past me into class.  As one very loud little boy was going by, he turned to a friend and said, "What did she do to her hair?  She looks awful!  She should comb it."  So I have decided that the blender look was more successful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment