Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Just Waiting...

This week I find myself just waiting.  I seem to be doing that a lot lately.  I am just waiting for my teenager to get home, so I can sleep.  I am just waiting till payday, so I can pay my bills.  I am just waiting to buy a book until my favorite author comes out with her newest.  I am waiting for my students to finish and master a skill before I teach another.  Sometimes, I seem to be just waiting for the next event in my life to take place.

Today I am just waiting to see how our trip to Denver turns out.  My son's best sheep ran into something and now he is limping.  Because of the rules, we are unable to give the lambs medicine to help them heal.  So watching him limp is hurting us, too.  This made me think of my own children.  As they get older, I at times watch them limp through life making choices that are not the best for them.  I watch them choose friends that don't have the character that I want them to have.  My son, more so than my daughter, has the ability to collect misfits like most people collect souvenirs.  He tries to be a friend to all that he meets.  As a mother, it hurts watching him set himself up for pain.  But there are times, when I see him not only succeed...but rescue a soul.  So while waiting can be exhausting, it sometimes is the only course we have. 

No comments:

Post a Comment