Saturday, February 19, 2011

Getting Rid of Old Memories

Our school is having a consignment sale as a fund raiser.  Both of my kids have something that they are saving for, so I thought this would be a great way for them to earn some money.  My husband has wanted the tubs in the garage to disappear.  So it was a win-win situation.  Not really, when I opened those tubs, so many memories started flooding over me.  As I held the little shoes of my daughter, I remembered her first steps.  As I pulled out Dylan's Dallas Cowboy jersey, I remembered a Halloween of long ago.  As I opened a box and found baby quilts, I held them close thinking about how those times are gone.  Looking at old toys, I remember them begging for them.  Now it is time for them to become someone else's memories.  It hurts so much!  But seeing a nice clean garage is nice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment