Friday, February 4, 2011

Snowed In

We have been snowed in for the last four days.  With 16 inches of snow, Oklahoma isn't prepared for this.  Luckily for my family, I was prepared.  I had a freezer of meat, a pantry of can goods, and lots of new recipes.  We have had fresh rolls, roast, and lots of new combinations of vegetables.  I had also made a trip to the library for a bag of books.  I also made a trip to the gas station and filled all the vehicles (especially my 4-wheel drive truck) with gas.  I also brought back to gas cans filled for the generator.  I was ready.  We never lost electricity.  So the generator has stayed in the barn, but the rest of the supplies have been a blessing. 

It is amazing a few miles makes.  The highway just a mile from my house is covered with ice.  It is only drivable with 4-wheel drive.  The highway 11 miles away is clean.  Why?  Because the highway department leaves the removal of snow to each county.  How unfortunate for those who live in a county that doesn't plan well! 

No comments:

Post a Comment